Pop-up by the River Campsite
A PEACEFUL POP-UP BY THE RIVER CAMPING SITE IN SUSSEX AN HOUR AWAY FROM LONDON AND NEXT TO THE RIVER ADUR.
Giving campers that “old school camping” vibe, you can pitch your own tent, hire one of our canvas bell tents or up grade to a classic shepherd’s hut. This campsite offers wooded family area, separate group spaces with communal chill out tents, Friday night wood fired pizza or Sunday morning breakfast .
The campsite also has a Hidden areas for large 50+adult celebrations with private under cover area, please contact us for more details.
The Campsite Is Opening On The 4th July
Hello campers, we are all ready to break free, and at Pop Up we have been busy making it safe for you to do just that. We are reducing the amount of campers by 50% giving larger pitches space between you all. This does mean that the River is currently over subscribed, and we will be offering alternative dates or campsite. Please take a look at the booking system before you chose your dates. If you are groups and wish to remain as such please call us so we can offer you the safest positions.
Below you will find some of the changes taking place,
The River campsite changes
- Increased pitch sizes 6 metres + this will mean we under sell approx 50%.
- 20 direct River side pitches have now been added to the booking system, this area comes with Wc’s/shower/water points
- We are building “IN and “OUT” steps for your safety
- Gloves will be placed by wheel barrel points.
- Mobile hand washing stations with soap dotted across the site close to pitch spaces and facilities.
- Cleaning equipment will also be left in each toilet and shower cubicle for extra piece of mind.
- Hand sanitiser across the site and by gateways
- Push button or Lever taps on all water points
- Checkin will now be done remotely, with allocation maps and all balances for wood and fire pits taken before arrival.
- We have been moving fences so you can park extremely close to pitch spaces to unload gear.
- Creating more car parks closer to pitching so less use for wheelbarrows and equally less congestion by carling spaces
So please look out for our changes on instagram and on the website it’s self.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Pop-up by the Rivers West Sussex campsites offer everything you would expect and more, freedom and space, great toilets, hot showers, campfires, grills for cooking and gazing into. The Main Campsite is designed for parental peace of mind with open plan aspects broken up by plenty of trees, tyre swings and woodland to play in, we operate a car free camp so your kids can play with out the worry of cars on pitching. The river access is a convenient 5 minute walk down a chalk track with launch point and steps into the river, where you can find canoes, paddle boards and kayaks for hire.
Changes to 2020, Direct River Camping Pitches, this site is limited to 20 pitches and has the Downs as its back drop, the river is metres away from pitching , making this the must for all campers with their owning water equipment. Also new this year is pre allocation, checkin and map allocation will be done 7 days before your stay, allowing your arrival process to be faster, this has also been done to limit staff and campers exposure during Covid 19. Staff will still be routinely cleaning and checking all facilities, and a 24hr telephone back up service will run through out opening. Pizzas are currently on hold as we get to grips with all the changes. https://twitter.com/PopupsCampsites https://www.instagram.com/popupcampsites/
The site will carry more toilets and hand washing stations with running water and soap provided.
Due to the Covid 19 out break and our concerns over Hygen and ability in the fields to clean internal Bell tents equipment we are only supplying Empty Bell tents this summer, if you have any further questions or require help for internal kit please call us direct.
If you have previously stayed with us please ask about the hidden campsite that are only available to returning campers and dotted on River banks, beach fronts and woods.