2022 job vacancies
Campsite Warden Job – work & live
Wood fired pizza staff for Friday nights
Please read more details about the warden job below and email us your CV and cover letter if you’re interested to email@example.com FAO Jules.
Overview of the Campsite Warden Jobs at Hop & Hare Farm Campsite
Are you interested in living an alternative lifestyle? From time to time we require suitable people for our campsite warden jobs to work and live at our Sussex woodland campsite. Our camping seasons run from the end of May to September. The campsite is off-grid. The position is likely to suit a couple seeking an alternative way of living, with a love of people and nature.
Hop & Hare – Woods & Meadow Campsite
This campsite is 20 acres overall and made up of woodland and 3 meadows in East Sussex near Hastings. The campsite has around forty tent pitches which can be either self pitching tents or empty or kitted bell tents. Bell tents are put up and taken down depending on customer needs. We are a great campsite for family groups, couples and larger groups. We’re open on weekends only through to the last weekend in July when we open for 7 days a week during the summer holidays.
The primary responsibility of the warden(s) is to enhance the experience of our campers and ensure their wellbeing.
The warden(s) is responsible for the safety and security of the campers and the campsite. Meeting and greeting the campers and making them feel welcome are of great importance. We consider the role to be one of service to our guests, to answer any questions they may have. Also one of ‘troubleshooting’ and dealing with possible problems, ideally before they occur. Responsibilities could range from assisting lost guests, dealing with difficulties due to weather conditions or maintenance tasks.
please contact the office directly 07812605094.
Please note the following;
- The campsite is off-grid, so no electricity for the campers. There is mains electricity and wifi linked to the Reception cabins at the entrance.
- You need to love camping and nature
- You need to be fit and strong (bell tents weigh 25kg)
- There are electricity points at both farms away from the campsites that can be used
- Well behaved dogs are welcome on the campsite. Guests should be prepared to tether them if asked to. We advocate the ‘stick and flick’ approach to removing dog poo, otherwise poo bags should be used and put in owners rubbish.
- The showers are mostly gas fired hot showers fed by mains water supply. We also have a bucket shower with the warm water coming from a small boiler.
- There is a constant fresh water supply
- Owning your own vehicle is a must
Suitable applicants will likely see this position as a lifestyle choice, as their presence will be required onsite at the peak guests times on weekends and during holidays.
The warden is responsible for cleaning of the bell tents after they are vacated. Cleaning of the toilets and showers, replenishing liquids, water barrels, sawdust and toilet rolls. They are also responsible for the general maintenance and tidying of the campsite.
For more information on Hop & Hare, Woods and Meadow Campsite, visit our website; https://popupcampsites.com/east-sussex-woodland-meadow-campsite/
Warden Characteristics – Campsite Warden Jobs
- Hard working, diligent and responsible
- MUST have your own vehicle
- Enjoys interacting with people, including children, with a strong customer service focus
- Loves the outdoors and camping
- Physically fit and active – there is a degree of lifting and moving of heavy objects required
- Would suit people seeking an alternative lifestyle
- Relaxed, down to earth, happy person yet able to hold a line, when upholding campsite rules.
- Practical with good general maintenance and DIY skills
- Self-starter, who is not satisfied with average and thinks outside the box
- Would suit a couple who share the responsibilities
Timing & Commitment – Campsite Warden Jobs
- The position(s) will be from May – September.
- Weekends are busy, however outside of school holidays the campsite is quiet midweek.
- From the beginning of May the focus is on setting up the campsite, maintenance and building projects.
- Expected hours working ranges between 20 hours per week to 40 hours in peak times.
As a warden you will be expected to live onsite in a 32ft cabin, with mains power, Wifi, running water, fridge and woodburner. Outside you will have your own campfire, table, seating etc. All cookware etc is supplied along with all your firewood for cooking. A great adventure living off-grid in the lovely Sussex Countryside. We provide a mobile phone and iPad for work related use.