Campsite warden jobs and Bell tent production
We are a Bell tent and campsite company, looking for staff with a wide range of skills, from being physically able to lift 25-30 kg in weight but yet make a bedroom up from scratch including making beds and bedding. You need to common sense and the ability to think and operate outside the normal box.
We have 2 campsites that require wardens from Friday- Sunday, the central brighton campsite is situated in woodingdean, and attracts large groups wanting to use the site as a cheap living alternative to access the town centre. So this means the campsite has a very lively vibe and has very busy periods on friday night checkin and sunday check out but the rest of the time can be empty.
Alternatively the Riversite by Steyning west sussex (25min outside brighton) has a very kicked back approach and is mainly attracting families and large groups of friends eager to take advantage of the river or bushcraft activities.
You will need your own vehicle or be able to reach these two locations if interested please send a CV or email illustrating previous relevant work experience and/or personal attributes to me Tiz at email@example.com
Overview of the Campsite and Bell tent production jobs
Our camping seasons run from April/May to August. The river campsite is off-grid. The positions often are likely to suit a couple or individuals who are comfortable with the general public and out door living.
The primary responsibility of the warden(s) is to enhance the experience of our campers and ensure their wellbeing and that of the campsite. We never ask staff to do anything we have not all done within the core team ourselves. You need to be hardworking, willing to work in sometimes through tough weather conditions have the ability to big deep and keep going.
We pay a sliding scale for different jobs, the bell tent production is job based, the wardening is fixed with extra jobs within the role on a per hour base rate. We do look for relaxed down to earth individuals, with strong senses of humour and people skills.
We will require you to start work on the 1st bank holiday in May and finish no earlier than the last weekend in August. The working days will often stretch from Thursday Bell tent production, Friday campsite production Sat/Sunday wardening, Monday production pack down.
Campsite Warden Jobs
- Where applicable Pop-up bell tents and kit with equipment on the for the campers.
- Some movements and repositioning of Bell Tents around the campsite.
- Chill-out teepee, army mess tents and canvas awnings
- Check the solar panels and freezer and fridge areas are clean and working correctly
Guests Arrival & Departure
- Meet and greet guests on arrival
- Assist with belongings from car park to campsite, ensuring trolleys and wheelbarrows are available for their use, we also have quad bikes and 4×4 vehicles on certain campsites.
- Ensue guest only park in car park area
- Show guest to their accommodation, pointing out the equipment
- Point out the basic rules and expectations of the campers
- Explain rubbish and noise policy
- Provide with firewood allocation and sell additional if required
Bell Tent Preparation & Cleaning
- Bell tents must be kept clean and well maintained. checking through adverse weather conditions
- Fire-pits must be clean
- Kindling, matches and newspaper re-stocked
- Carpets and mats kept cleaned
- Interior tidied.
- Beds checked and inflated
- Bin liner replaced
- Bell tent rotation from campsite to containers needs to be monitored
Campsite Cleaning and Maintenance
- The general campsite should be kept very clean and tidy at all times.
- Campsite surrounding trees surveyed for any dangerous branches.
- Toilets checked and cleaned morning and evening.
- Compost toilet waste checked
- Shower checked and cleaned morning and evening.
- Shared Kitchen areas checked and cleaned daily
- Pathways monitored and maintained.
- Ensure the campers have an enjoyable stay
- Supervise the campsite and maintain safe practices
- Ensure the low noise policy is observed
- Stack firewood when delivered.
- Sale of additional firewood to campers.
- Liaise with Campsite Manager regarding bookings and general matters.
- General duties and responsibilities as required.
Specific Task List To Include.
- Clean Toilet/Shower AM
- Clean Toilets/Shower Midday
- Clean Toilet/Shower PM
- Clean Wash-up Area AM
- Clean Wash-Up Area PM
- Clean Shed & Campsite
- Water Heater AM
- Water Heater PM
- PREPARE BELL TENTS
- Check Bell Tents Daily
- Meet & Greet Guests
- Twilight Walk Around
- Keep the cash book up to date
- Daily Record in LOG BOOK
- Ensure Phone Battery Charged
- Ensure Leisure Battery Charged
- Stack Firewood
- Maintenance Work